The Kiwanis Club of East Erie County was chartered on September 23, 2003. We are proud members of Kiwanis International which is a global organization of 260,000 volunteers in 96 countries. We are dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. Our membership and projects focus on on East Erie and the communities of Lawrence Park, Harborcreek and Wesleyville. The name “Kiwanis” means “we trade” or “we share our talents.” and we are always searching for more hands and hearts to help us make a difference.
Objects of Kiwanis
To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
· To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
· To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
· To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
· To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
· To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.